This is going to be a quick one because this is a wonderful Summer dessert and that sun is looking dangerously close to disappearing…
I decided to have this for breakfast because I’m a reckless rule breaker, I think You Me At Six actually wrote a song about me once. You thought that was about breaking up with someone? Poor you, it’s all about my penchant for having meals at the wrong time of the day.
It would, however, make a perfect sunset dessert with frozen yoghurt on top (I made my own because, once again, reckless), some crumbled honeycomb on top and a sprinkling of lavender. That would actually be pretty ballin’. I had berry frozen yoghurt and flax seed to make it slightly breakfasty.
It’s super easy, super delicious and not too sweet. Although, you can make it sweeter if you want. You crazy kid, you.
2 Peaches (per person)
Pinch of Sea Salt (just a small amount, it really brings out the peach/cinnamon combo)
- Preheat oven at Gas mark 5
- Half the peaches and take the pits out.
- In the divot, put a small spoonful of coconut oil.
- In a bowl, mix the honey, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Spread the mixture on the flat side of the peach.
- Make a little tinfoil bowl and put it on your baking tray.
- Put the peaches in, don’t pack them too tight. If needs be, use 2 trays.
- Put in the oven for about 20 minutes. After this time, carefully press the side of the peach. Once it’s soft and squishy, we’re on to round 2.
- Turn your overhead grill on high (if you have one). Carefully take the whole tinfoil bowl out and put the peaches under for about 5 minutes. Slight charring = OK. Burnt = Not so good.
- Serve with the aforementioned frozen yoghurt or vanilla ice cream. Does anyone remember those Peach Creme Savers? It tastes like that but doesn’t feel like you’re burning a hole in your teeth.
If you’re having a BBQ, when it’s clean and before you put the meat on, put the peaches on flesh side down to give them a grilled char, then do all the steps up to and including 8. Leave out 9.
Kind of feel like there should be a few more words…. How’s your day? No, nothing? OK. Just go make the peaches.